Friday, May 22, 2009

Zola Is Back Down To Earth

After a typical Homeric journey to the old man above I return. Things seem quite different now. I sat, for awhile, at his Right side and received me medicine. It was time to descend agin.

I "spent a little time" in the Purgatorial Inns (and outs) and met a certain Mr Burgess. He asked me to stay. But I needed to return home. It was one of those decisions that made themselves.

I have ascended and now I return back to earth.
What the fuck more do you lot want I ask?


6 comments:

anticant said...

Who is this Mr Burgess? Is he a partner in the well known firm of Burgess, Philby and Maclean?

We should be told.

Bodwyn Wook said...

One expects 'tis the Clockwork Burgess, of the Coney & Rhinestones, Ltd, people...a load of Orangemen for a fact!

anticant said...

Well, if you haven't already, read Anthony Burgess's "The Wanting Seed". A totalitarian state deals with the overpopulation problem by making heterosexuality illegal and promoting homosexuality with the slogan "It's Sapiens to be Homo".

That's fine by me!

pomo fabian said...

Was it Tyrrell Burgess?
You know the "Devil's Dictionary of Education" guy that recently ascended.

Oh how we wish Zola could be clear and less muddled.

anticant said...

If he was, he wouldn't be Zola. Reaching the pearl of wisdom that invariably nestles within his cocoons of postmodernist obfuscation is the irresistible lure of this site.

So muddle on, O prescient Sage of the Snowy Steppes.

Bodwyn Wook said...

Ah, me, here is a nice Baltimore Oriole from America, to cheer you all up:

http://bodwyn.wordpress.com/2009/05/26/spring-on-the-farm-in-southern-mn-tuesday-24-may-2009/

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

The Awkward Squad are powered by alt-webring.com