Saturday, June 09, 2007

European Citizenship Exams - Revisted

You may take my finger prints and my DNA.
You may take my e-mail address too.
But will you get me where you want me?
Will you get just what you want?

Sorri
I read Kafka
Once
But now I am OK
But still you hound me.

Alas the exams are coming for citizenship. After years of slow-moving sillibuss travels the exams are coming. The song " Burma Days Are Here Again" springs to mind and this reminds me of one of those questions. The exam begins.

What would be the questions for a European Citizenship Diploma examination?

Here is a starter ( giving but two of a twenty question Grand Exhibition Sillibus)
1) What did you understand by the book "Burmese Days"?
2) Who has really benefited from the "European Union" legislation(s)?


7 comments:

anticant said...

Lovely to see your thought-provoking, pithy posts Zola. I'm still in post-holiday lethargy - not ready to resume much blogging yet, but I keep on watching.....

Anonymous said...

Burmese Days is the same as Salad Days with a bit of meat included.

The European Union has done a lot of good for...............(let me think a bit).

Liked the story about the difficulty Orwell had in shooting that rogue elephant. A lesson for us all.
He didn't want to - he had to.
Same as condoms, I suppose.

Bloody big condom, must be said.

Anonymous said...

Is Euroscepticism Boy's Own politics in an era of globalisation?

I think that should be on the exam with provision only for a "yes" or "no" answer.

Anonymous said...

Trousers, you have a point. Yes.
I am reminded of a friend of mine.
He is a major big-wig living in Brussels, on secondment from the National Statistical Office in Whitehall. A National Expert, no less.
I have had fairly infrequent contact with him in recent years - despite living only a few hours drive from him in S.W. Poland.
Sometimes, I wonder if his reluctance to associate is down to our shared history?.
Long time ago, he used to be bass player in a punk band I played in called 'The Limps'.
In those days he went by the name of 'Chuck Abnormal'.
Wonder, wonder.

Anonymous said...

You may take my finger prints and my DNA.
You may take my e-mail address too.
.
But, you'll never take my freedom

Anonymous said...

Zo-Zo could you check this out and put a comment?.
http://tinyurl.com/2npnva

zola a social thing said...

My God there is enough there above to keep security politico-experts and psychologists employed for years.

After yet another demand from my reading public i am condemned again to write this week two of me infamous bits concerning world news ( that was the week that was not and never will be) and a naughty bit.

BTW : Concerning the one size fits all thing that was implied above I plead a seasonal difference too. Any EU condom must accept the Lapland winter just as it must accept the hot summer times. It has been plus 30 degrees centigrade here. Big sizes needed. Awesome !

Makes a normally small man feel quite powerful it does.

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

The Awkward Squad are powered by alt-webring.com