Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Making of a Small blogger PART TWO

OK I was feeling guilty. I needed redemption of sorts. My social-techno-skills were so bad for this Nokia Land of instant experts and aristocratic eccentrics. I needed to get up to speed as it were. But there was more to it.

When my father died, through asbestos-lungs, I struggled to get his pension rights. My mother was being fooled and ignored by the big company. It was, in the end, only the threat of a newspaper article that saved the day for my family. The law was not helpful. the big company did not give a damn and would do as "it" pleased. So i made it personal with real names of bosses and witnesses ready to go to print. Low and behold the big company guys gave in and apologised for "MY" misunderstanding. My mother, still in grief, was relieved. I was angry. It is, sometimes, with such memories that a blogger makes a blogsite. This blog site has just such memories.

In Finland today it has been bloggers and internet publications that have stirred up many recent abuses of so called law and order. A privatised security force must now stand trial for disgusting treatment of a human being which included kicking and all that stuff. ( the words used by officials was "inappropriate" - sick). Without the bloggers and the internet types such an atrocity would have been ignored by the authorities. Oh if only I had had that kind of public communication system available when my father died. If i had i could have saved my mother many a heartache. Such is another side of becoming a blogger - at least for me.

Oh yes : then the "Comment is Free" fiasco earlier on this year and centred upon the vanities of the UK based Guardian newspaper. I felt so strongly then. The arrogance and snobbishness of a few at that CIF site was, for me, almost beyond belief. It was hurtful to many too. Other sites, like those on the Awkward Squad ring of fire, have written about this quite much. No need to repeat here. But such is another bit of memory that helps make a small and new blogger.

Of course there are those that will say that I am talking bullshit here. ( No Polly T I have not abused you or even referenced YOU yet). Many, usually those in some power play scene, will accuse bloggers of being bad with language, underemployed, disrespectful and even deserving of a banning order. But i am learning this bloglark little by little now and my real social skills are getting better all the time. Fuck that lot i say and fuck that big company which hurt my mother after my father died. J'Accuse.

What goes into the making of a blogger and blogsite? much more than my philosophy can tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaah. Thanks for sorting that, zola. That's one eye fewer (or less) watching me and where I go.

Interesting reasons for becoming a blogger, I must say, in your case - the accuseative?

Mine own are somewhat different, and very unclear. It seems I just sort of fell into it, like the swimming baths or a cesspool, and started swimming. Just to see if I could.

I'm still learning

zola a social thing said...

welcome Szwagi : those beady eyes will be more not less. By the way you can.

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

The Awkward Squad are powered by alt-webring.com