Saturday, November 25, 2006

A SATURDAY NIGHT IN FINLAND

The body language from Finnish President, Tarja Halonen, tells it all. She is pissed off. After trying to get a few simple things like equality and democracy on the agenda of EU and Russian "meetings" she is bleeding. It can be that she is hurting. Turkey goes badly too. In fact most of the EU stuff is in a mess. What will Finland do to help? Nothing much I suspect. But Finns have a tradition of survival. The Finnish "Sisu" ( do not give up) remains just.

Let me put this another way if I can.

"Another Satire-day night an I ain't got no body ; I've got some money, I've just been paid; How I wish I had someone to talk too .... In an awful way."

But as a good Finn would say in response : " Working in the coal mine going on down down ; working in the coal mines about the sixth time " ( at least).

I am off to eat now. I will give thanks to God for the table. ( I did peel the spuds)

But if anyone wishes to understand Finland you can start here.

Is this Pragmaticism?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The Finnish "Sisu" ( do not give up) remains just."

See also the motto of my hometown.

zola a social thing said...

Chris : Now I know where you get your own ideals and courage from. Good on yer.

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

The Awkward Squad are powered by alt-webring.com