Thursday, March 15, 2007

LONG DRESSES ABOVE MALE HEADS

University life was strange. By the turd year things had to happen. So may I tell a little story. May I? Waves and marriages and all that tend to talk in terms of seven years but I can only say say that three years is enough to rock and roll.

A few posts ago our infamous Anticant paraded his family with long dresses and sitting down peacefully for the camera. Check his website.

Memories are brought back. Sometimes. Long dresses and "ladies" OK for me.

It was a few years back. Rob, a damned good student friend from the North-East, decided to get back home. This decision was made after a few parties and he had had a few. I said to him that we would go north. He agreed.
So pissed as farts we headed for the railway station.
No money but heads full of hope.

By the time we reached Birmingham New Street station we were less than academic but we asked one official for the train going north. The official pointed to the train now leaving. We jumped on.

No tickets and no money and no support from the university for this adventure.

OK, the story is long. But to say a little something here we go.

In one compartment of the train ( normally for six people) we found only two. Both women wearing long dresses down to the feet. Rob smelt a fish and said to me hide and quick.

The ticket collector was on the prowl.
We hid.
Under the long dresses of the ladies, that were also travelling, north with a smile.


You guessed it.
We did not get caught.
We travelled 8 hours that way.
Up north.

Long live long dresses I say.
How could I ever forget

A memorable experience as they say.
Travelling under long dresses.

But I guess they have banned such things today.
Ah Dunno.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ostrich Heaven or Warming Denial?

anticant said...

The Infamous Lady from Crewe and her travelling companion, I presume. Was one of the long dresses lavender blue?

zola a social thing said...

I am an honourable man. No names.
But I was never the same after that experience.

Anonymous said...

Ah,yes,,,,,,,,I remember it well.....

zola a social thing said...

Was it you?
I never did ask her name.
Jesus now I am in trouble (again).

Anonymous said...

Why,ZoZoBear...........
you never have to ask my name.you know me so well.........

Anonymous said...

Said the Infamous Lady of Crewe
"Well I never did, here's a to-do!
There's a couple of squirts
Underneath the long skirts
Of myself and of lavenderblue".

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

The Awkward Squad are powered by alt-webring.com