Friday, June 06, 2008

BILDUNG AND A CAT
After about two months and more our stray cat kept on going and coming and being at our place. An adventure? Maybe, but for whom?
But today was the day that this little male "ally-cat" was to be clipped and castrated and calmed down.
Last night was the night to try and make sure it was "back home" after certain "agreements" were made.
And there you have it : about 2 hours before the "official clipping of the male brains" there comes a person asking me to help them find their cat for the clipping of.
Excuse me for cutting a long story short but ..........
After two of them searched for the little cat nothing happened. So they came back and asked if I could help.
I said that maybe it would be best if you went away because the cat is scared of you.
They went away.
I went into the small forest and I called.
The little cat came.
I picked it up and "returned" the little thing to the owners.
I think I am already regretting that act.

5 comments:

Merkin said...

If you thought you were about to get yer knackers unilaterally disbanded, you would hide in the forest too.
Well, I would.

zola a social thing said...

Off to hide I am but back soon.
Do you remember when... songs could be with cats.
Merky - never give up mate.
Back soon. ( if I am sober)

anticant said...

If you thought the little cat was scared of them, you should indeed regret handing him back into captivity. But maybe there will be a silver lining: after the nip-and-tuck, the little cat will be calmer and less smelly, and even if you are not his permanent home, he will be an esteemed visitor.

I speak from long experience, as our beloved and wonderfully therapeutic Tiggy, who has been with us since he was a kitten and is now approaching twelve, has several "garden friends" who sometimes like to come into the house. We don't shoo them away, but nor do we encourage them, as it gets expensive in cat food! [I suspect Tiggy dines out on occasions, because his breath sometimes smells suspiciously of fish, and at home he is on a strictly medical diet with no tit-bits.]

Cats own you - not vice-versa. They know a good thing when they see it, and which side their paws are buttered on.

zola a social thing said...

By 7 the cat was back here.
Still sprightly.
Fed it.
So I guess this saga of ages is now complete.
But as Homer would say the return is never the same.

Anonymous said...

One question here.
Do you smell of fishy things?
I suspect that Anticant is winding you up here.

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

The Awkward Squad are powered by alt-webring.com