Wednesday, July 25, 2007

THE MORAL COMPASS AND SELECTED AWKS
As the BOY Scouts and GIRL Guides get famous again ( be-jesus those groups are older than our beloved Antipants) it came to me as a kind of Trouser-like dream.

Merkin as a Boy Scout : " Clean in thought, word and deed". ???? But along came Scout Leader Antirunt and set the Merkin to rights. Just imagine them both in short shorts.

LavenderBlue as a good Girl Guide : " Never say Yes to a Merkin type and never allow them into your tent", she says. She added : " Go painting and avoid those temptations of the flesh". ( Anna Mr joins the weekend book-reading group where the story was a question of - whatever happened to SuzyQ?)

Merkin returns : " I am turned and learned", he says, " Safe sex ok but please do not put a condom on me slide-rule".

Trousers goes off in a thoughtful mood. ( Did I miss out on something he asks himself in a private moment) - "Be thrifty" said the Scout Law, never get into debt.
JOIN THE SCOUTS YOUNG LAD says Antirunt.

Anyway what a wonderful British institution the Scouts and Guides movement.


17 comments:

Merkin said...

I am no longer the outdoor type.
Furthermore, I do not know how to make sparks fly by rubbing two Boy Scouts together.
Any other suggestion is a scandalous smear.

zola a social thing said...

But have you tried playing with a condom on that slide guitar?

Anonymous said...

Our troop hut is at the bottom of The Sinister Welder's garden.

No fairies!

By Order

Anonymous said...

There are fairies at the bottoms of our guardsmen.

Anonymous said...

Royal Horse Guards anyone?

zola a social thing said...

I think this is unfair to the young and bold Sinister Welder who is trying to tick-an-tack things together.
Working via a face mask is never easy and we all get blinded by the light.

trousers said...

"trousers goes off in a thoughtful mood"

hahahahah, sounds about right :)

zola a social thing said...

just for the fun of it me ole kegs.

Anonymous said...

I got as far as the Brownies.
I disliked the uniform.
I hated the people.
I always,and still do, want to be in the SAS.
I rather liked the sight of the Boys' Brigade,proudly blowing their horns though...

zola a social thing said...

Dare me will you?
BTW : Boys' Brigade were .... well what can we say?
Blue Boys they were.
Remember?

Anonymous said...

Lavvyblue Scouting for Boys again?

Anonymous said...

Heeheehee

zola a social thing said...

Indeed Benni boy.
Scouting for Boys, by LavenderBlue Stockings, was first published in 1908. In Swedish and then in Finnish we found LaviBlue made public again. The last Finnish version I know of was in 1986.
What has out Lavender been doing since then ask mesen?
An official biography needs to be done.
Possible working title :-
" LavenderBlue Socks and the Shaking Moral Underground".

Anonymous said...

It only takes a spark to get a fire going
And soon all those around can warm up to its glowing
That's how it is with Scouting
Once you've experienced it
You spread your joy to everyone
You want to pass it on

( I'll make you all shake in the moral underground )

zola a social thing said...

Bend me shake me anyway you want me .... as long as you smile its alright.

zola a social thing said...

But when it is really happening PLEZZE do not read the newspaper!

Anonymous said...

Oh,ZoZoBear !
As if I would !

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

The Awkward Squad are powered by alt-webring.com