Thursday, January 04, 2007

DAMN THOSE DOGS?

I suspect that "Papa" Ernest Hemingway was correct concerning dogs. He said that we can always sniff and sense the human community as we experience the behaviour of the dogs that live there. I guess that this appreciation is also applicable to many other walks of life. Woff Wuff. Maybe I have been reading again the "Plague Dogs" book by Richard Adams. Maybe I cringe at UK politics. Maybe I respond, in my own way, to the issue of awkward blogging. But please do not shoot the Hermes adventurer.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not at all fond of dogs. Does it follow, therefore, that I'm not fond of human community either?

zola a social thing said...

NO.

zola a social thing said...

Not exactly

zola a social thing said...

not entirely

zola a social thing said...

But have you pissed up trees in the park I ask.
Own up now.

Jose said...

In earnest. It's been proved that dogs adopt the same mood their owners have. Their fears and their happiness. Perhaps that's what E.H. meant to say. Dogs sniff their masters' behaviour.

zola a social thing said...

Thank god I do not own a dog.

Anonymous said...

Thank dog I do not own a... oh. I see.

zola a social thing said...

OK I admit it.
I was that dog.

Anonymous said...

I can categorically deny that I have ever pissed up a tree. In the park or anywhere else.

In this part of the world, sadly, any doorway is a possible latrine for the drunken Polish male.

Stinky, it is, I said "stinky"!

zola a social thing said...

I do stinky
Pissi in the hissi ( hissi in Finnish is a lift)
BTW : never hang around, Kola says, in doorways!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh.Nice.Very nice.
Come in here for a bit of class.and I find you all taking the piss............

zola a social thing said...

Too philosophical for me at this time of the day thank you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Zo, the real anon is now back in the Aye Ready land and in mourning over Le Guenne.
So will enter the fray tomorrow (officialy)

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

The Awkward Squad are powered by alt-webring.com