Friday, January 05, 2007

THE EPIPHANY EMERGES AGAIN

January 6th coming up again. A time for the commonplace happening to emerge again in a new light. Heated arguments on blogsites are common and everyday things but the special kind of freedom that blogs display is priceless. This is a value beyond cost or time or measurement.
But with this special kind of freedom there comes, as I see more clearly now, a deep and beautiful postmodern morality. This becomes a possibility. No more guardians of the gates and no more rules handed down on tablets of stone. We are all in the public sphere and never alone yet we must decide ourselves what to blog and what to display. In the words of Zygmunt Bauman this may be, just may be, a new beginning for human being.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hit the nail on the head, you did.
I decide what public display to make and no-one else.
(I have certainly made a good few public displays in my time)
Too awkward for some, I dare say.
Tough.

zola a social thing said...

Oh you brute you.

Anonymous said...

I didn't say it would be easy, did I?.

anticant said...

Zola, aren't you a month late? Back to the bottom of the class.

zola a social thing said...

That is my place Anticant.
Also at the back, way back away from the bad Beadle and Beak.
Mischief happens in the underground and at the back - out of order places.
Anyway sori - should have read January 6th ( perhaps I did lose a few weeks in my memory banks due to the festive carnivals).

zola a social thing said...

Do not do easy Merk.

anticant said...

The Beadle will be patrolling the back of the classroom every few minutes to make sure that you are not fiddling around with the Lady from Crewe, Vingartits, or Dame Eliza. You have been warned.

zola a social thing said...

But they all like it really don't they Antiscantyknickers.

anticant said...

Hope you're enjoying the limerickfest over in the burrow, Zola.

Anonymous said...

I am in Merkin Heaven complete with Hope and Crosby in kilts and an octopus. And Dorothy Lamour.
Bogaten Rules.

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

The Awkward Squad are powered by alt-webring.com