Friday, January 05, 2007

TRUST AND FAITH? WHAT A LARK AND CACTUS DEAL !

Whatever the reason trust and faith are two of the most popular issues today. From academia through to newspapers these two terms pop up everywhere. I had intended to write a little analysis of this pretence for a way away from crisis and capitalism but my bacon and eggs on the breakfast table gave me a different sense of a new day.
So this trust and faith issue has a time dimension ( other dimensions too, of course) and at breakfast time I thought that I do not trust most politicians because of my past experience with their lies and their guns and their lies. Trust demands a sense of past experience. I do not trust business dealers and wheelers from second hand car salemen though to female CEOs of major corporations. Experience forces me not to trust. But I do trust my family and I do trust my friends and I trust many due to my past. Trust in this sense is a thing to do with the past.
Faith? Maybe that is more attached to the future.
Faith is all that I can hope with if I am to be in any way active in the future.
Future games are based, rather much and necessarily, upon faith not trust.

4 comments:

Jose said...

Indeed, Zola, but sometimes faith and trust go arm in arm.

zola a social thing said...

Indeed Jose I agree.
Past and future are a bit like that too I guess.
I agree.
Any muddled thought on my behalf today must be blamed on the bacon and egg breakfast.
Put me in a too good mood it did.

anticant said...

What the Awkward Squad is about is trust-building. We need to feel comfortable [but not feather-bedded] with one another before we can mobilise our joint and several faiths and talents and move forward.

zola a social thing said...

I agree Anticant : Time is essential and so are mistakes and all that.
There are many AWKS I trust.
I still like to use that old saying concerning things that will come out in the wash.
Simple I know but, for me, wise.
But nowt happens without that clash between faith and trust through time and experience.
perhaps I should have phrased it that way - but me bacon and eggs put me off such phrases as they placed me in exotic worlds.
Damn I still smell that bacon....

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

The Awkward Squad are powered by alt-webring.com