Wednesday, January 03, 2007

QUESTIONS TO ANSWERS ON BLOGS?

Sometimes, no matter how much many decry postmodern culture(s), confusion becomes very confused indeed. Some bloggers wish to present a question that might forge an answer through interaction. When this "thread" gets warped and whipped around a kind of anger sometimes creeps in. But blogs are rather postmodern and such playfulness is to be expected and even welcomed. There is no longer any "ONE WAY".
It is sometimes better, I think, for the blog-types to begin with an appreciation of a different kind of relationship where "COMMENT and RESPONSE" is equal but yet different from "QUESTION-ANSWER".
But, as Charles Lemert said so well : " The postmodern is more than you think it is".

My only excuse for posting this today is that the Awkward squad have been getting so many knickers in a twist trying to grapple with Wittgenstein and all that 1066 stuff.

13 comments:

anticant said...

Postmodern be blowed!

I'd far rather you got your, or your grandma's, knickers in a twist around Wittgenstein than brandishing them around my burrow. If you start that again, the Beadle will be put on alert immediately.

Anonymous said...

I was about to pick a fight here, until I realised, cunning linguist that I am, that "Postmodern be blowed" and "Postmodern be blown" are entirely different propositions...

zola a social thing said...

This blowing job is rather complex methinks. Would you not agree kind sirs?

zola a social thing said...

However I doubt that the Postmodern or postModern is either swallowed in full or spat out totally.
The "both-and" reality?

Jose said...

I made it here, Zola, as promised. I have added you to my blogroll.

Greetings.

zola a social thing said...

Welcome Jose : just keep it clean and wholesome. nudge nudge wink wink.

zola a social thing said...

BTW Jose : I hope you wrote blogroll and not ....

Jose said...

Incorrigible that you are!

zola a social thing said...

Join the fray Jose

Anonymous said...

'....."Postmodern be blowed" and "Postmodern be blown" are entirely different propositions...'.
Trust me Swag, tenses not prepositions.

Anonymous said...

Propostions too.......I should say..
Morning All !
It's Twelfth Night.....
time to take your balls down from that tree,Zo..........

zola a social thing said...

Hello LB : What about me fairy light must that come down too?

Anonymous said...

Oh no, ZoZo
How will the Goodfairy find his way through the ring of fire.........

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

The Awkward Squad are powered by alt-webring.com