Saturday, August 11, 2007

Bringin It All Back For ME
From the UK I did bring back, as Customs eyes were wide, BRANSTON PICKLE and another BRANSTON with "small chunky bits".

Also in my bag I packed : -
a) My long missed Hume and Smollett "History of England" ( leather bound beauty of four volumes which I nearly sold in the Charing Cross Road - due to me missus saying that we were over-spending on our UK jolly jaunt).
b) Another BRANSTON PICKLE
c) A DVD for a fiver : " Life of Brian".
d) Smelly socks
e) A wonderful tee-shirt concerning Aszbo promotions
f) My discharge papers from the Royal Marines
g) My missing works from Karl Marx
h) More Branston Pickle
i) The signature of Orlando Bloomy-boomy ( for my youngest daughter you will of course understand).
j) Electric pictures from the Punch and Judy show on the beach at Southwold.
k) ......... and a few more odds and sods

Jesus... Am I really that normal?

Thank God I am saved.
I forgot to mention the other ten jars of BRANSTON PICKLE

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So when do we get to see the pics from the P&J Show......?
I like Branston pickle.........

zola a social thing said...

Please be patient LB.
It is a virtue.
I am only just back home again and drinking up the spare beers of travel and the spare beers I hid up before I left to travel.
Give a man a break for Lordy-Gawdy sake.

But I will try to get some P and J pictures on this site if my youngest spogs will agree to help me.

anticant said...

You seem to be in a right pickle! Glad to know you reached home safely after your excursion to Broonieland.

Anonymous said...

In the days of sailing ships after a flogging, sailors' sore backs were "treated with pickle" [a mixture of salt and vinegar].

There's a rod in pickle awaiting you in the Burrow, wielded by lavenderblue....

Anonymous said...

When Anticant asked me if I liked Kipling, I was obliged to reply that I had never kippled.

No kippling, flogging, or pickling in the Burrow.

By Order

Merkin said...

Wot, no Coleman's Mustard, Bovril or Black Pudding?

zola a social thing said...

No matter I'm off to Church soon as Sunday looms for the working class.

zola a social thing said...

Bloody hell the Merkin is awake too.
Coleman's Mustard was to obvious to mention as I have been a long-life milked supporter of Norwich City FC.

Bovril - wish I had.
Black Pudding? Made by a Swedish Chef after a binge? Ah Dunno.

Merkin said...

'Life of Brian' could maybe have been dispensed with if you had looked at David Shayler doing a fair impersonation.

http://tinyurl.com/2slz7q

In any event, worth a look.

anticant said...

!Missing works from Karl Marx"?

Ye gods! What did you transport them in? A pantechnicon?

Anonymous said...

He wrapped them around the pickle jars.

zola a social thing said...

Nobody interested in me Hume and Smollett then. OK.
Leather bound too!!!!
Treated them with saddle wax many years ago and it has worked well.
Any offers?

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

The Awkward Squad are powered by alt-webring.com