Saturday, August 18, 2007

WIKIPEDIA : just a wee update
OK Wikidpeadia has been really wikedified. Jesus wept the truth gets warped. For fucks sake tell us something new.
The Independent newspaper still says that Wikipedia is bent upon "democratic acts of knowledge". Sori. Just not true. Wikipedia refuses democratatisation of knowledge as has always said that. Independent please correct your truth claims.

However. FIRESTONE ( infamous rubber trye people of Formula 1) quickly deleted my informative posts concerning slave labour.
In educational circles I found that the trade marked "Outward Bound" had hijacked the total outdoor adventure education site. My alternative comments were blocked. But here the main editor half admitted this in public.

Wikipedia is not good and not bad.
But some people that manipulate it deserve a telling off ( fuck it that was too polite methinks).
What do you expect for a Saturday..........?

5 comments:

zola a social thing said...

Zola should that have been Bridgestone?

zola a social thing said...

Yes.

Merkin said...

http://www.wikipedia-watch.org/

You may have seen that site, if not, very interesting.

Good for us lazy bastards.
Bad for the seeker of truth

ie I use it as a first step and once pointed in a direction - any direction - follow my nose.

zola a social thing said...

I also wrote a very academic bit for one professor. It was straight as can be. Then I gave up.
Editorial expertise was heavy.
But today my original piece is put back together.
Change of editors?

Fact was that I knew that professor and I respected him. I even gave references.
I still respect that professor and he deserves a decent wikiprofile.

OK he was a bit of a leftie.
He was a friend of E.P.Thompson.

He also received many doctor-type awards from many international institutions.

Wikipedia does not feel this kind of respect. Wikipedia is a cold war game. Shame.

Wikipedia is not democratic and it never pretended to be democratic.

I wonder if I have a few notes and coins ( in me secret places ) to allow a night out on the tiles.
...... we will see.

Merkin said...

Secret places?

As Papillon said : Get out yer 'charger' and see what the World has to offer.
Alternatively, get in a bottle of Wodka and we can have a virtual party.
I have a bottle of Delaney's Irish Whiskey for the kitty.

Let's see, who can we invite.....?

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

The Awkward Squad are powered by alt-webring.com