Thursday, August 16, 2007

JUST A QUICKIE ON UK LANGUAGE GAMES
As said before the UK language games are either management training spraket ( you know those targets and things) or psycho-babble USA style. But there is another language game that I picked up on the recent travel. It relates to medico-verbosity ( and nobody seemed to know the meanings behind those words that they used).
For example I learnt about one person who had had a "STRAPADICKTOME" operation and I was told that that explained the constant smile and the wide open eyes.
Can anybody advise on this?
Would love to know........

11 comments:

zola a social thing said...

Forgive me I meant no harm. After all I only asked for advice.
But now my e-mail is getting full of nitty-gritty questions and demands.

From the Melancholy through to the LaviBlues my good name is being trashed into the underground of reason and respectability.
Only a certain Anna Mr ( "Anna", in Finnish meaning "give me")seems to be polite to me.

From a certain Mrs Malaprop I hear that I am the reason why she wears woollen stockings.

Ah Dunno.....

Anonymous said...

I wear woollen stockings because I don't want your, the Beadle's, or anyone else's dick strapped to me.

I am a respectable woman.

Anonymous said...

Now Mrs Malaprop..........
HOW do you know what a 'dick' is....
Strapped to you or otherwise........hmmm?
And what makes you think that your woollen stockings would offer you any form of protection.......?

zola a social thing said...

The main problem with Western Society is that "wants" are confused with "needs".

zola a social thing said...

I bet Mrs Malaprop has experienced her toes mov ing up and down with the flow.
LavenderBlue you come to my rescue.

Anonymous said...

Was it not Anticant that invited us all to " ENTER MRS MALAPROP" ?

Anonymous said...

ZoZoBear.....it is the anniversary of Elvis today,yes ?
Uh-Huh.
Ok let's rock..........

Anonymous said...

Madam LB, I am no knicker waver.

zola a social thing said...

Burn yer bra Mrs Malaprop it's ok.

Anonymous said...

I have assured Mrs Malaprop that your kayaking is all up the creek - all mouth and no paddle.

zola a social thing said...

A paddle needs a SHAFT.

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

The Awkward Squad are powered by alt-webring.com