Tuesday, February 13, 2007

HIDDEN MEANINGS AS A GIFT?

Celebrating a birthday is always good until the carnival is really joking. At a birthday party one expects gifts and a little merriment. One puts up with deviant behaviour. But to be thrown to the truth is quite another matter. At a recent birthday party my eyes lit up as guests came like a Christmas past and future. ( wonderful friends in fact). They almost danced into our house with a wicked smile. Run or suffer ? I asked myself in seconds.

Anyway. I was given an "Action Man Figure" for me birthday. As I opened up the package I knew all was not well because there were too many smiles. But open it I did.

Out popped SIGMUND FREUD ( action figure) with many quotes from the infamous man. Yes, a for-real plastic Freud with grey beard an all. His arms and legs move and his neck twists a bit too. It said, on the package, that " not suitable for children under the age of 3 years ". Was there a message here?

Anyway as I went to fill my glass a voice bellowed : "Read the back of the package". I had no choice if I was to be in any way polite. I read out :-

" In popular language we may say that ego stands for reason and sanity, in contrast to the id which contains untamed passions."

" Everywhere I go, I find the poet has been there before me. "

" Despite my 30 years of research into the feminine soul, I have not yet been able to answer the great question that has never been answered : What does a woman want ? "

Hidden birthday messages?
Ah dunno but off to pub and sauna I am.
To reflect upon me arty-farty bits in peace .....and plan for a return gift.......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

?

Anonymous said...

Could have been worse.
could have been a blow-up doll of Freud.
So, ZoZoBear - when was your Birthday..how dare you not tell us !
Happy Birthday to you anyway !!xx

zola a social thing said...

Yes LB a few weeks ago.
Do you realy think i would tell you all.
Thanxxxxx - when is your birthday?

Anonymous said...

Hallowe'en.
How are your arty-farty bits ?

zola a social thing said...

Getting ready.
I'm really a namby-pamby but still survive somehow in a world that....

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

The Awkward Squad are powered by alt-webring.com