Friday, February 23, 2007

Something XSerious ( by popular demand )

Too much politics and stuff? OK. Zola is not home enough! OK. More quizes more pisses more heartbreaks in the rain more standing alone with the one I love. OK. Get this on yer mojo. The music folk want more. Check on this :-
" So that's why I'm here, the bleeding boat drifted off and I'm stuck here in the pissing rain with my life flashing before me. Only it isn't flashing, it's crawling. Slowly .... A tough guy, a helpless dancer.
A romantic, is it me for a moment ..... "
If that does not get you going then just mix it with :-
" I think I'm going back to the days when I was young enough to know the truth."

Then another lyric and a song line for the serious :-

" As we come marching, marching, unnumbered women dead
Go crying through our singing their ancient cry for bread.
Small art and love and beauty their drudging spirits knew.
Yes, it is bread we fight for - but we fight for roses too ! "

How might one measure such songs with a still Sun shining from above?


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I presume that yellow line at the bottom (I can't read it) is the blogging equivalent of Death Metal's backward playing lyrics?.
If I don't have an epileptic fit I will immediately sacrifice a baby or two.
'Bread and Roses' was a good band, by the way.

anticant said...

I can't read it either.

Jose said...

"How might one measure such songs with a still Sun shining from above?"

Just a little magic, if you highlight the line with your mouse you'll be able to read it. It says what I copy-pasted above.

A deep Zola's consideration LOL

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jose, as he rubs stomach and pats head (backwards).

zola a social thing said...

Right now that is figured out what do you think of those lyrics.
BTW : have a good weekend. Windy and brass monkey weather up here again.

Anonymous said...

'Into the Whirlpool - Nick Thorpe journeys into the gulf of Corryvreckan.' Beeb Radio 4.
Thought you may like this, Zola.

zola a social thing said...

Indeed I might Anon.
Did the strange Corryvrekan whirpool a couple of times some years back. I recall Spring tides ( intentional ) and really wanting to see the thing at its best.
Paddled shaking head once returned and waited. paddled again and within minutes wave activity and whirls came along.
After that playeda round in the Grey Dogs.
Thanks for reminding me of good memories ( pissed in Oban after all that )

However the maelstrom was better.

Anonymous said...

http://jeffmilner.com/backmasking.htm
..
Now I know everything about your evil plot with that technicolour attack.
Jose must be in on the plot.

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

The Awkward Squad are powered by alt-webring.com