Sunday, February 11, 2007

THE JOYS OF HEX IN THE HOSPITAL

It went like this :-
Big nurse, " Morning Zola good to see you again ( as Zola withers). We hear that you are fond, still, of cigs and whisky and wild wild women."
Zola, " Morning Nurse. I'm not sure where you heard that from. Gossip is everywhere today. I have been keeping to doctor demands and his orders believe me.
Big nurse, speaking with an accent akin to a cross between Russian and Scottish and all mixed with Fingelski and with the lung capacity of two bagpipes playing : " Zola we are going to help you help yourself ...... AND stand to attention when I yell at you.!"

Zola withers more and seeks the escape route but too difficult as he is attached to nasty things.

Zola ; " I want me mum !"
Big Nurse : " I am your mother now. Stand to attention would you!"
Zola : " I am standing to attention ( feeling a feel droopy and sorry)
Big Nurse : " I have just the thing for you. ME !"

The quick end of this painful story is twofold.
First I am back ( cannot keep a good Zola down as they say)
Second after a two day recovery I have made a plan for next week when I must return to that department of helping me to help myself.

6 comments:

anticant said...

Welcome back, Zola.

You should transfer to my lovely Spanish haematology consultant. She is charming, and gives me warm hugs when she tells me how well I am doing. I want to take her out to lunch, but so far she is too busy.

zola a social thing said...

ah dunno

Anonymous said...

Sudden horrid visions spring to mind.........

anticant said...

What nasty minds some folk have!

anticant said...

Seriously, it does make a difference to know that you have friendly sympathetic concerned doctors who don't treat you as just a number, busy though they are. I'm very fortunate in that respect.

Anonymous said...

Morning, ZoZoBear !
How are you today ?
It's sunny here, makes you feel good.

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

The Awkward Squad are powered by alt-webring.com