Monday, December 18, 2006

Days In The Life of a Scribbler

It is clear enough today that even hallowed writers think again. In one good sense this is like the song "Flower of Scotland" where to "think again" is OK. But there is much more to this. Chris White ( see links) asks for feedback and response. He senses a possible new way of journalism with folk. He asks the questions. At the same time Anticant ( see links) inspires through both experience and power via words without waste. Writing in public or for the public or with the public is no straight-forward thing. Coleridge would have said that our writing was to BE with a public but S.T. Coleridge was a Romantic. Was he not? Chris White and Anticant seem to struggle with those age old questions. Authenticity? Blogs? The trustworthy worder of words - the verber of nouns? The great refusal of mere labels. One way towards authenticity? Philospher Kings?

Writing in the public domain hit me hard before I even knew it. I was translated. My original text was moved into another culture. ( I got paid for it and agreed beforehand and I cannot complain). I and "my" text was or were translated. Then readers asked a few questions. What to do with that ? Perhaps it is a business thing where the big.org must answer. Maybe it is my stupidity for trusting this risky society. Whatever I can say long live the questions of Chris White and the inspirations that spring from Anticant.

Maybe a public domain might remain less private. Maybe private troubles may become public issues again ( C.Wright Mills needed his motor bike to stay sane).

By the way the song "Flower of Scotland" was also sung when England played their best at sport and still lost the big game. Would it be that the big Liberal Press would even begin to work with such a sense of democracy? Two Cheers for Bloggers but only one cheer for the still remaining Guardian of the gates of " their" free comment.

If there are any mistakes above please contact the editor. She normally fucks upwards.

4 comments:

anticant said...

Zola, you are very generous in your praise of others. You are a prose-poet.

Anonymous said...

No chance of a date I suppose?.
Thought not.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't suggesting you, ya dumplin' - I was interested in the editor.
Still, as The Grumpy Bishop said, wonderful stuff, big man.

zola a social thing said...

I love dumplings.
Must i eat myself?

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

The Awkward Squad are powered by alt-webring.com