Thursday, December 14, 2006

ZOLA IS SLOWLY GETTING BETTER BUT STILL UNWELL

Yesterday I had another meeting with the devil. It was a hard meeting too. It used to be that those good Guardians of the Pearly Gates would tempt me into chanting away that devil. Get behind me Satan was one of those chants. But, godamit, all I got was pain with no gain on my side. There is only one place for the devil. Up front and in the open and never rearing up behind me. Ms Whiplash will get the point soon enough.

But as the Awkward LavenderBlue and SuzyQ fight over me and me kayacks I thought I would present a little poem to ease into the ring. Here it is :-

Little river was descended
With a little kayak
With a darkened skylight
And the skylight helped it
Make the journey downwards
Make the downward journey
To the worlds of feeling
And the feelings helped it
And the skylight took it
From the river
From the kayak
To the skylit river
To the skylight kayak
In its journey downwards
In its downward journey
Darkened as it drifted
Drifting in the darkness.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely.

Hope you get better soon, Meister.

zola a social thing said...

Damn it is the infamous Yellow Duck also after a bit of me cake.
"Meister" indeed.
BILDUNG to you I say.

zola a social thing said...

Thanks Yellow Duck good to see you alive and quacking.

Anonymous said...

There is always bild if you are not into Bildung.

Anonymous said...

Sex and drugs and Rock'n'Roll.
The only answer. Simple.
Still , orrabest.

anticant said...

I'm glad you weren't too unwell to write that beautiful poem. Thank you, Zola.

Anonymous said...

I second that.

Suzon said...

Something in the way your poem moves
moves me
(perhaps it is itself a kayak of sorts)

Sorry you were unwell.

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

The Awkward Squad are powered by alt-webring.com