Sunday, December 31, 2006

JANUS FACED REDS AND BLUES

It has been a great day. This afternoon listening again to recordings of the likes of Richard Harris and Richard Burton. Their spoken words spoke more than mere words as they shared an expressive emotion and demanded both affection and angst. As a New Year celebration rightly makes a carnival it also rightly fills us with lost memories. The acts of Harris and Burton reciting poetry reminds me of Dusty Springfield singing a song about " I'm Going Back". Going back too to those times when I knew so well in my youth. The Janus face here looks backwards with love and still yet direction. I cannot revive Richard Burton from the grave but i do still play his LP recordings. So, with this in mind I do, before I drop or droop under the heavy influences of New Year plonks, I do try to present a short edited version from one Erich Heller from his book called "The Disinherited Mind". I quote :-

Listener : Stop. Poetry is not dead.
Speaker : Nor is true order. But all signs, and above all the signs of poetry, point towards a grave disturbance.
Listener : We cannot go back to your single-minded symbolic order of the Middle Ages.
Speaker : Clearly not. But from this it does not follow that we must rush forward. The order is neither behind us nor before us. It is, or it is not. The sensible movement is in another dimension.
Listener : I wonder.
Speaker : So do I. Maybe we differ only in degrees of wonder.

Happy New Year to you all that suffer and have fun with both lark and cactus.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never will I tire of Under Milk Wood........the voice of Richard Burton..almost too beautiful.

zola a social thing said...

You understand LB, thanks.
Happy new year to you.
Dylan Who?

Anonymous said...

and a Happy,Happy New Year to you,ZoZo............
and to Captain Cat

Anonymous said...

Onnellista uutta vuotta
I preferred the prospect of having a right bit of fun with Lark and Cactus.
No possibility.
Try next year, will I?.
Damn fuckun' tootin'.

zola a social thing said...

Anon . Should that av been fricken tootin or fuckun teething?
Anyway thanks for excellent Finnish language. Got it right you did.

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://ebecovyco.easyfreehosting.com/kyxebic.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , perhaps curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper companion utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://lypufuwapo.o-f.com/ewojuku.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large initial investment.
Nowadays, I feel good, I begin to get real money.
It gets down to select a correct companion who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the profit with me.

You may get interested, if there are such firms? I have to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

The Awkward Squad are powered by alt-webring.com