Saturday, December 30, 2006

Food For Thought

" Things fall apart ; the centre cannot hold ;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned ;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."

No prizes for guessing the poet but much value, perhaps, in considering those words again as 2007 looms ahead. Far better than tuning in to those hanging videos on the world wide web to glorify both killing and spectatorship. Sick !

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still don't get poetry.

Anonymous said...

I am rather partial to a nice bit'o'poetry..........

zola a social thing said...

Which nice bits do you prefer?

Anonymous said...

I know the poem, but only because it featured in a bizarre story by SF writer George R. R. Martin called The Armageddon Rag.

The phrase 'What Rough Beast' has sent a little shiver down my spine ever since.

zola a social thing said...

Come up and see me sometime

Anonymous said...

If we could just sneak past those damned drunken reindeer we'd be there!

zola a social thing said...

Many have tried LB to do just that.
Remember too the long legged Elk in the second line.
Fact is i cannot get out either.
I have made a fortress for myself to protect myself from the evil eyes and imprisioned me sen at same time.

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

The Awkward Squad are powered by alt-webring.com