Wednesday, December 13, 2006

THE LAPLAND SCENE

Last month the snow fell and the cold began to bite a little. December, now, in Lapland is wet and windy and all the snow is gone or going. The cat still hunts in the grass and wants to be out all night long. The squirrals remain active and the birds confused. The garden shows signs of thinking it, maybe, Spring time again. The ice-breaker ships are lost in a lost world with unemployment just around the corner. Could this be the first "Green" Xmas for me and Lapland? May-Being in Lapland?

Further south in Finland rivers are beginning to flood. In Sweden there is a move to rename it Scotland. The Nordic lands and Scandinavia must change political climates before we lose the real Santa Claus.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning ZoZo
I still have roses blooming...........
and the squirrel no longer hibernates.
And how beautifully you do write.

zola a social thing said...

Lavender Blue : I tink you are after me family jewels in your bed of roses. Naughty you are.
One day I will manage to get an eco-thread going.
One day.
Have a great day LB

Anonymous said...

And it seems to happening quicker and quicker. Warming, that is.
Certainly, Shetland could rightly claim a part in a Nordic Community.
PS Did you ever get my email?
This comp has been temperamental recently.

zola a social thing said...

Merkin : I delete e-mails unless i know a bit.

Anonymous said...

Aha

zola a social thing said...

Do not get me wrong here.
The Merkin OK.
But I do not open e-mail stuff very often.
I am with you but REALLY I am off to the toffs.
Then I will sleep badly.

Anonymous said...

Ok, big man, clicked.
Sent you stuff through the actual Merkin email - so it would have shown nothing special and would have got deleted.
Be sure, interesting stuff.
Will resend in some way which is recognisable but still reasonably anonymous.
So, if you get an email from the Bishop of Woolwich or Southwark you can be certain it is not me.
Same goes for GrumpyAunt - in which case I claim my fiver for Angie on the basis that I outed some of the usual scoundrels first.

anticant said...

Well, if you send me an e-mail I'll reply flagged "important". This is a serious request.

anticant said...

This global warming business is getting really bothersome. Gives the well-worn term "meltdown" a sinister new meaning. And it isn't going to be tackled sensibly while so many powerful [and impotent] people go on thinking that fighting, "winning", and making money are the most important things in the world.

zola a social thing said...

I agree

Home/Join | List | Next | Previous | Random

The Awkward Squad are powered by alt-webring.com